Recently, my colleagues and I went to Bangkok as a company trip. I was excited! I have not been to Bangkok before, so I was really looking forward for the trip. Hehehe. Plus, it's a day right after my finals! Another bonus for me!
I'll just keep this post short and simple!
The in-flight meal!
In the two hours flight, I managed to watch Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters! I didn't get the chance to watch before. Pretty cool movie! But I didn't finish watching until the end. Well, technically I did, but without audio. I had to return the earphone upon landing.
Ya da, ya da..
Checked in!
Very pretty bouquet of flowers! So it's a must to take a picture, with it!
Later on that day, we walked and shopped around! Not much happening on the first day..We only eat, ate, eaten!
The oh-so-famous mall in Thailand., The Platinum Fashion Mall!
Then Boss recommended Mango Tango desserts! Omgg! Really yummy! If you ever go Bangkok, drop by. It's in Pratunam! But bear in mind, that the place is pretty small. So, take away better.
And more walking!
Then dinner, Boss brought us to China town. She recommended Chinese seafood dishes, T&K Seafood! She said the food here are delicious. And we even had to queue up for at least 15 minutes, look at the crowd -_- The food it's okay! Like I mentioned before, I eat anything that are edible. So, nice or not, I still makan!
After dinner, we called it for the night for an early morning for the next day.
In case you are wondering how did we travel from one place to another, instead of walking, we took..

Taxi (on the left) or tut tut (on the right)! Well, if you take the taxi, you must definitely ask the driver to charge according to the meter (start from 35 baht, RM 3.5). If not, it's pricey.
And for tut tut, I really enjoy sitting tut tut lah, Tut tut is like a motor beca. It's faster and windier lolol. But standard price lah, at 150 baht (RM 15). And also depend on where you want to go. But one thing for sure, if the tut tut driver charge you too cheap, means there's a catch! They will bring you to shops and ask you to spend at least 10 minutes there. This is so that the driver can claim coupons or discounts or something lah. Unless you do want to experience that, then go ahead!
And most of the drivers for both taxis and tut tuts are very aggressive! Like sudden break, or trying to squeeze in between, and even driving too fast!
Moving on, my outfit for day two!
In case you are wondering how did we travel from one place to another, instead of walking, we took..

Taxi (on the left) or tut tut (on the right)! Well, if you take the taxi, you must definitely ask the driver to charge according to the meter (start from 35 baht, RM 3.5). If not, it's pricey.
And for tut tut, I really enjoy sitting tut tut lah, Tut tut is like a motor beca. It's faster and windier lolol. But standard price lah, at 150 baht (RM 15). And also depend on where you want to go. But one thing for sure, if the tut tut driver charge you too cheap, means there's a catch! They will bring you to shops and ask you to spend at least 10 minutes there. This is so that the driver can claim coupons or discounts or something lah. Unless you do want to experience that, then go ahead!
And most of the drivers for both taxis and tut tuts are very aggressive! Like sudden break, or trying to squeeze in between, and even driving too fast!
Moving on, my outfit for day two!
Day two, first stop: floating market! We went there by a speed boat.. There's other alternatives, that is straight to the floating market. But I guess Boss wanted us to experience the speed boat feel.
These pictures are on the speed boat, on the way to the floating market! Nothing much of a scenery, but most houses/village are near the river, as you can see.
Reached the floating market after 15 minutes or so. I tell you the sampan used on the floating market is seriously scary. The sampan is super wobbly, and you can't hold the edge of the sampan. No sudden movement, or else you might fall. I wonder if anyone did fall before? And I was so afraid my phone might fall into the water while I was taking pictures lolol.
Plus, to me, the things sold here are more expensive than other places in Bangkok. I guess it is because floating market is a tourist attraction spot. But they do sell many things, from food to clothes to accessories to souvenirs!
Following pictures are from the floating market!
These are very pretty handmade soap bar! Very nicely carved! I regretted for not buying one.
Next stop for day two: Samphran Elephant Ground and Zoo! One thing about Bangkok is that it is really huge. To travel from the floating market to this zoo took about one hour plus. And before that, from our hotel to the floating market took two hours! Imagine, it's like travelling from KL to Seremban/Melaka. Btw, we took a van for long distance places like this, not taxis or tut tuts.
Anyways, here we had our simple buffet lunch. Then off we went for a crocodile, magic and elephant shows!
Meet Mr. Lift and Mr. Oil! A twin Bengel tigers.. Tourists/Visitors can take a picture with them for 100 baht (RM 10) and a printed picture can be kept as a souvenir! I was so tempted to take a picture with them, but.. I chickened out -_-
There are many elephants here, as the zoo itself is an elephant ground.
Hahahahaha a very fail selfie of me and the elephant! The elephant kept 'trunking' me man. Look look!
The crocodile show was fantastic man! And scary too! The performers tried many risky tricks to entertain us.. Like putting their arm and heads in the crocodile mouth. Entertaining but really risky. The crocodile are trained but what if there's a slip some where? I wouldn't want to even think about that.
These pictures are where the performers trying to pull and drag the crocodile by their tails, to the land there.
One of the performers slided towards the crocodile's wide-opened mouth.
Here is another performer putting his head in the crocodile's wide-opened mouth! Scary right?!
To end the show, the performer posed on the crocodile for others to take pictures! Sadly, I was on the other side.
Next, we headed to the magic show (also in the zoo)!
And then the elephant show! The show is basically about the history of Thailand and how elephants were used here. The elephants are super cute man! They were trained to dance, play soccer, etc.
After the show was photo session time, with the elephant of course! And whoever wants to take pictures with the elephant, have to give tips. They really maximized their earning.
After that, still on day two, we went shopping at Asiatique. It is an open air kind of mall. Really huge, and pretty! Click here to see what I'm writing about. There is a Ferris wheel here too!
We also dropped by Naraya! The very famous brand for handbags, and pouches etc in Thailand. The prices are very reasonable and many designs too!
Basically that is all for day two! What a long day right? And I felt time pass super fast.
Day three we went the Four-Faced Buddha temple and Ja Tu Chak market and fancy dinner!
These pictures are from and at Four-Faced Buddha.

No pictures from Ja Tu Chak because it's just like pasar malam/pagi, which is really huge and packed! I don't get why everybody love to shop there. Besides the prices, I understand, but the market there is like super crowded, hot and stuffy. And I believe the prices there can be bargained anywhere else in Bangkok. Probably it is the varieties of things sold there? Well, I didn't manage to walk the whole market. But I did buy two dresses there.
Third day's dinner, Boss treated! She also recommended this restaurant, Cabbages and Condoms! And literally, condoms everywhere! From Christmas tree to lights to decorations! A bit odd, but something out of the ordinary!
The food were gooood!
This third day was considered our last day (me and one of my colleague) in Bangkok because our flight time is different than others. We flew at 1105 while others flew 1900. This means we rugi that hours in between to do the rest of my shopping. But I was glad my flight is in the morning.. Because for the night flight, by the time they reached back in KL, checked out their luggage and reached home, it was already 0100. So late! And must be exhausting!
So to sum up what I had bought throughout my four days, three nights trip! Of course, these aren't all for me okay! For my family and friends. I know, I didn't shop that much. But okay lah, I still managed to buy some stuffs for myself.
Overall, I did enjoy this trip! And the company throughout the trip!
xx



































































































No comments:
Post a Comment