Pages

Monday, December 23, 2013

Melaka!

Another update for my trip this December! This year end, I went for a few short trips! Okay lah, can eat eat and walk walk hehe.

So, a day or two after Bangkok, I went Melaka with boyfriend and his friends, for two days one night trip! My aunt had a free apartment (hotel) there, so why not waste it? Anyways, I'm from Melaka myself, but I never got the chance to explore Melaka. Technically I did explore when I was younger, but I guess it is all a vague picture now.

As soon we arrived, by noon, we went straight to the famous chicken rice ball! I know there's manyyyy of this restaurant out in Melaka, but not all are yummy. You got to find the restaurant that has a pretty long queue, then that's the famous restaurant! Boyfriend say one ah.. But I agree! Because I ate once years ago, and that wasn't yummy. The one we ate was in Jonker street, I think?

And so, we queued up for about 10 to 15 minutes? I didn't keep track of time because boyfriend's friends queued up, while boyfriend and I went round and round searching for parking. Gosh, the parking slots there are super limited. So, in the end, we parked illegally, hoping that we won't get a saman ticket.

Peek-a-boo!


Then, checked into Mahkota Hotel Melaka!


And of course, I need to take a selfie lolol.


With the boyfriend too! He always make that face when I asked him to take picture with me -_- purposely one okayy!


Later that afternoon, my aunt recommended us to try the famous coconut milkshake! I didn't know there were any famous milkshake here.. It was in Klebang. In case you want to go, google Klebang Original Coconut Shake! It's in a housing area, btw. 


And do try their Coconut Shake Special! This comes with ice cream! 


Boyfriend didn't really fancy it, because it was too plain and cold.. So he added kacangs, that he bought there. Then only he said it was nice -_- boyfriend banyak pattern.


After that, we headed to Jonker Street for their laksa and cendol! We really hunted for food right..


We also walked around Jonker Street but there wasn't many stalls yet as the street only opens at 6 p.m. Plus, it was raining too! 

As for dinner, we went traditional! My aunt, again, recommended Makko's. As above, we also queued up for dinner. But around 10 minutes or so. Their services were good, food came quite fast although there were many customers/orders.


As for supper, we went to Nadeje! 


We called it the night early because we wanted to go for a night swim but the pool closed at 10 p.m. So, boohoo.

The next morning, we went Donald and Lily's for breakfast! Recommended! And their rojak are pretty different than KL's.. The rojak here is filled with tofus and fish kegs and pineapples! Unlike our usual rojak in KL.


That was all for our two days trip! 

xx

No comments: