Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Mid Autumn Festival!

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival!

A.k.a Happy Mooncake Festival is held on the 15th day of the eighth month in the Chinese calendar, during a full moon, which is in September or early October (taken from Wikipedia -_- go visit them here to read all about the history of this event hahaha)

I used to love celebrating this festival. Don't get me wrong, I still love it, but I've not celebrated it like before. I mean, I used to celebrate with my siblings and cousins. Now all grown up, no one wants to play candles or lanterns with me already. I sad.

Hahaha. Anyways, I always loveeeee jelly mooncakes! But they are pretty pricey, according to mum. So, I decided to make my own. I've not eaten jelly mooncakes for a year or two now.. So, I don't really remember how do they taste like already -_- 

I won't be posting the ingredients and steps this time. Pretty lazy and you can just google how to do them. Quite straight forward.

I did them as my grandparents and aunt were coming over for dinner on the weekend, and for my own pleasure. This how my jelly mooncakes turned out! And I happy with it! Maybe they aren't that sweet (my first try was super sweet) but they are yummy! If you are wondering why aren't there a proper mould, haha funny story, because I was so lazy to head to the proper shop to get them. I tried looking in Giant and AEON but I couldn't find any. So, I just settled with this kind of mould. 

Cendol flavoured jelly mooncakes.


Mango flavoured jelly mooncakes.


Do they look appetizing to you? You better say yes! Hahaha. 



xx

No comments: