Pages

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Thailand!

Last weekend, I went for a day trip to Hatyai, Thailand with boyfriend and his buddies. My kindy had Sport's Day on Saturday morning and boyfriend had to work in the morning, so, we decided to go at night, which is Sunday morning, 3 a.m. Insane right? Just because the journey took like 5 hours and the 'kastam' isn't open at night, we reached there by 8 a.m. in the morning.

Three of boyfriend buddies went, so they took turn to drive. While I, felt like a princess because I didn't have to do anything, just slept throughout the journey. But I was freaking out at times, knowing that they usually speed. Luckily, they took their time driving.

The first thing we did when we arrived there was eat! I remembered we ate duck noodles at Padang Besar, the border of Thailand there. It was delicious! Or maybe I just eat anything, lol. 

Then then, boyfriend's buddy settled some of his matters (his buddy is from Thailand, fyi), then off we went for a walk, in my words, shopping. I pitied boyfriend's buddies because they had to put up with me shopping. But okay ah, they also bought things for themselves.


Snacking on coconut ice-cream on the way.

Next, we went for a massage since it was cheap there, full body massage for 240 baht @ RM 24 for two hours. It was pretty reasonable but wasn't that satisfying. Boyfriend's buddy then decided to bring us for a breezy walk near a Songkla beach. Just like a short tour to unwind.


Near the beach.

 In the evening, we went Greenway, like a huge, super huge pasar malam! Seriously! There are clothes, accessories and food sold there. So we had a quick bite, and off I went roaming around. I could say it is cheap to shop there, but for certain items. Like 100 baht @ RM 10 per top, 200 baht @ RM 20 per shorts, 199 baht @ RM 19.90 for jersey top and a bulk of accessories at a reasonable price. And you should see how boyfriend bargained, in Thai! Very cute lah (he understands a little of Thai).


Our dinner!


What I got, 10 pairs of earrings, 4 tops (one singlet, one blouse, two t-shirt), 2 shorts, 2 hairband, one mirror and one Brown! Estimated total of 1500 baht @ RM 150! I think the price is okay lah, hor.

Around 9 p.m., we went to the Tesco there to buy some junk food to bring home. But boyfriend had different intention.. He just wanted to eat the Prawn Cake from KFC because it's very nice. True enough! Sadly, our KFC here don't have that. So, I also tried the Choco Banana Eggtart because it looked special. Small one, but not bad, really! It is also not available here.

An hour later, we started our journey back. We were exhausted by then, but I had to go back for work on Monday. My bad, really. Like before, they took time to drive and I slept. By 3.30 a.m., which is the Monday morning, we reached home. 

I heard that Bangkok is a way better place to shop. But I was happy enough to go Hatyai. Probably next trip I'll head to Bangkok.


The boyfriend! For those who doesn't know him, how old do you think he is? ;)

xx

No comments: