I'm here to update on a short post, hopefully.. Hahaha.
Anyways, I've been trying to eat and stay healthy recently, which aren't working out for me because of my PMS -_- all these weird cravings start to kick in and I'll be eating like a greedy blob, non-stop. Sigh, I really need to control my eating habits.
Okay, back to the topic.. So, I found out about a tea (where most teas are healthy) from one of my colleague. And I was curious to find out what is/are the benefit(s), so I asked my mum to get my these two items, dried Chrysanthemum and dried Goji (kei chi). You can find them in most of the herbs shops. They aren't that costly lah, if it's for your own health.
You just need to, obviously, boil the Chrysanthemum. It is totally up to you how much you want to boil. I didn't use up the whole packet one shot, I just took a portion.. So, you can agak-agak lah.
Then, filter the residue. Unless you can stand those flowers floating in your drink, lol.
Later, boil it again and add the dried Goji. Don't add too much, though. I felt dizzy after having too much Goji. But that's just what I feel.
Let it cool a little, and it is ready to drink! There are only a few steps and it takes like less than 10 minutes!
Wondering what's the benefits? To cut it short, it is good for cooling effect (for heat-iness).
- Chrysanthemum tea is a natural coolant and helps in lowering the temperature of the body when suffering from fever or even heat stroke.
- Chrysanthemum tea provides relief in sore throat, redness in the eyes, itchiness in the eyes, dryness in the eyes and dark spot in the eye area.
- Chrysanthemum tea is naturally caffeine free.
- Chrysanthemum tea is good for the detoxification of the liver and for lowering cholesterol levels.
- Chrysanthemum tea has high amounts of B carotene (the yellow part and the fruit), which is converted in Vitamin A in the liver, that is helpful in treating skin problems, increasing the immunity power, postponing the aging process and age related blindness.
- Chrysanthemum tea has Vitamin C which reduces the risks of scurvy and protects the eyes.
- Chrysanthemum tea has minerals like calcium which is important for the teeth and bones.
- Chrysanthemum tea has iron which helps in the transportation of oxygen through the blood.
- Chrysanthemum tea has potassium which is needed for proper cardiovascular functioning and stabilizing the blood pressure.
- Goji is good for eyesight or improve eye health.
- Goji improves immune system.
NOTE:
- If you take warfarin (a blood thinner), you may want to avoid goji. Goji may also interact with diabetes and blood pressure drugs.
- Do not take the tea too often as the cooling effect may be too much for your body to handle.
You can actually Google for yourself, this is just a short and brief benefits. I know it's nothing interesting, but just want to share.
xx







No comments:
Post a Comment